- Customise any Mac folder, file or hard drive icon
- Show or Hide Macintosh HD and Other Disk Drives on the Desktop of Mac OS X
- What to do when a hard drive won’t unmount in OS X El Capitan | Macworld
This brings up Finder's preferences.
- How to Change Your Drive Icons in OS X | Other World Computing Blog.
- mp4 audio converter mac freeware!
- microsoft outlook 2011 keeps crashing on mac.
- What to do when a hard drive won’t unmount in OS X El Capitan?
- format email in mac mail.
- sqlite mac os x lion;
Alternatively, you can also click on Finder at the top left corner of the screen then choose Preferences. On the General tab, which is the very first tab, check the boxes of the types of drives Hard drive, External disks, DVD or network drives you want to be shown on the desktop. That's it! Be respectful, keep it civil and stay on topic.
Customise any Mac folder, file or hard drive icon
We delete comments that violate our policy , which we encourage you to read. Discussion threads can be closed at any time at our discretion. Don't show this again. Computers Mac hides your hard drive icons.
Here's how to get them back Changing this one simple setting will make navigating your Mac much easier. You can put the icons for drives on a Mac's desktop by adjusting Finder's preferences.
Show or Hide Macintosh HD and Other Disk Drives on the Desktop of Mac OS X
Ejectable media, including optical devices, as well as iPods. Connected servers: Refers to any network storage devices or networked file systems that are usable by your Mac.
If you check our Personalize Your Mac by Changing Desktop Icons guide, you'll discover not only how to change the icons your Mac uses, but also find some nifty sources of professionally created icons to use. If you would rather use your own photos as icons, there are a number of apps that will convert your favorite picture to the icon format, which you can then use with your Mac.
One of my favorite apps for converting photos to icons is Image2icon: Tom's Mac Software Pick.
What to do when a hard drive won’t unmount in OS X El Capitan | Macworld
Share Pin Email. Tom Nelson has written hundreds of articles, tutorials, and reviews for Other World Computing and About.
- Customize Your Hard Drive Icons in OS X.
- How to make your hard drive icons show up in macOS Mojave — Apple World Today.
- microsoft office 98 for mac free download.
- draft email disappeared mac mail.
He is the president of Coyote Moon, Inc. Updated November 10, In the Finder Preferences window that opens, click the General tab.